Fantastic craftsmanship, durable Metal construction
The hotter it gets, the faster it runs!
This low temperature Stirling Engine runs with warm temperature, for instance on a hot cup of coffee or water. It requires a small difference in temperatures to run.
Size: 102 X 102 X 125mm
Material: Steel and Glass
Speed: up to 180-250 RPM
Start Temperature Difference: 20 ?
This Low Temperature Stirling Engine could be a great gift for your friends or families.
It is almost ready to run: after the installing wheel assembly (easy to do, no tools required), put it on a cup of hot water to run.
Can use pencil or graphite to lubricate all the connections, oils are not recommended.
1. This low temperature Stirling Engine, runs on a hot cup of water (Do not put it above a candle or other fire). Could be a great conversation starter at work and unique gift to families or friends or for class demonstrations.
2. It is almost ready to run: after the installing the wheel assembly (easy to do, no tools required), put it on a cup of hot water or Ice water, wait about 20 seconds, gently flip the wheel, then it will run itself.
3. Basically you can run this engine up to 20 minutes with a cup of warm water (the engine must be cool). The bigger the temperature difference between the top and bottom plates the higher RPM you will get. This works best with a hot cup of water underneath and an ice cube in a plastic bag on the top (there is plenty of room for one ice cube on top).
4. Durable, well made, stylish, and adjustable. Very good craftsmanship, made with Metal.
5. If there is a little noisy, only use a little graphite dry lube or a pencil. Do not use oil to lubricate. Oil will mix with dust in the air becoming grimy slowing rotation.
This low temperature Stirling Engine runs on a hot cup of water (Do not put it above a candle or other fire). The engine's speed depends entirely upon the temperature difference between the hot side and the cold side. In the case of using a cup of hot beverage, not only is the engine transferring the beverage's heat to the surrounding air, there are air currents constantly crossing the top (cold) plate. The differing temperatures will cause the engine to slow or speed according to the net difference between the two plates. For some extra fun, you could use a USB-powered cup warmer. Once it reaches full temperature, the engine will chug along nicely.
May take 2-6 weeks delivery. Ships separately.